Blue Sky Challenge
We were challenged The Blue Sky Challenge by Chickery’s Travels. Challenge accepted! For those of you who don’t know, the Blue Sky Challenge is issued by fellow bloggers to some of their favorite blogs.
As part of it, we must answer 11 questions from my nominator, then nominate 11 blogs that I love and give them 11 new questions.
1. What fictional universe would you want to live in?
Doctor Who universe. Of course, Kim gets very thrown off by changes from Pacific to Mountain to Central to Eastern time, so it would be a bit challenging.
2. What would be your patronus?
Sea otter. Because look at them.
3. If you have a tattoo, what is it? If you don’t, and had to get one, what would it be?
We both have tattoos but they’re very old and probably need some recoloring. For both of us, we plan on getting the same thing – our dog Ally’s paw.
4. What is your favorite quote?
“The future is no place to place your better days.” – Dave Matthews Band, Cry Freedom
5. What is the favorite place you’ve visited, and why?
Breckenridge, CO. There are mountain people and there are beach people. While Kim grew up on the beach, it turns out we’re mountain people.
6. Where are you planning to travel next?
Once we leave Breckenridge we’ll start a slow exodus to Florida for the winter. We’re like geese but have much nicer singing voices. We’ll go from Colorado to New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama then Florida.
7. What is your favorite garden?
Duke Gardens in Durham NC.
8. If you could eat anything for your next meal, what would it be?
Pizza. Good pizza.
9. If you could go to any point in history to witness it for yourself, when and where would that be?
Hmmmm. Probably back to the Revolutionary War, if only to prove that Hamilton didn’t really rap.
10. What book are you reading right now, or what was the most recent book you read?
The End of Eddy
11. What reality or TV series is your guilty pleasure?
Next Food Network Star. It doesn’t matter that only 4 or 5 of the bazillion seasons are actually “stars”.
So…we don’t really want to single out other bloggers. The thing about this is that if you’ve already done it, you don’t want to do it again. If we forget to include you, you may feel badly. If you don’t want to do it and we single you out, you’ll feel obligated. So do it if you want and if you do, let us know!
So the mission, if you accept it, is to answer the following questions.
- What is the best movie you’ve seen this year?
- If you were to name your own town, what would it be named?
- What’s the furthest distance you’ve been from where you were born?
- Chocolate or Vanilla?
- If you had to remain in one state for the rest of your days – where would it be?
- What pets accompany you currently?
- What’s your favorite cruising tune?
- Other than Amazon, what’s your go-to shopping site?
- What’s your news source (e.g. TV, newspapers, online)?
- Are you a mountain person, a beach person or other?
- What’s your favorite holiday, if any?